We have established in the earlier posts on HSoftware that it is the “human software (the HSoftware)” which is responsible for human effectiveness and therefore, for success in personal, professional, family and social life.
If you wish to be successful in all the aspects of your life i.e. personal, professional, family and social aspects, you will have to have the appropriate HSoftware for each of these aspects and every piece of HSoftware required may not be the same. You have to acquire all those different pieces of HSoftware and if necessary integrate them or learn to allow them to interface with each other.
You will have to acquire and improve upon corresponding sets of values, knowledge and information, paradigms and will to perform (for further learning and for competency and skill building).
Some people have lopsided effectiveness and therefore, lopsided success. We have seen that some excellent CEOs of corporate companies or heads of states are professionally very effective and successful but they are utter failures as husbands; they have broken homes, they could not get on with their spouses and divorced or they indulged in extra marital affairs. While their HSoftware was up to mark for their professional life, they had not acquired an appropriate HSoftware for living a happily married family life.
Isn’t it true that you invest a lot of your efforts, time and money in acquiring and maintaining your skill sets and competencies to become and remain effective in your chosen profession? And it is never been a one time job for you. As the profile of your profession changed with time and due to technological advancements and many other factors, you made sure to acquire those extra skill sets and competencies that your profession demanded.
For instance, you could have never become an effective software engineer if you had not acquired the proficiency in coding in various computer languages. You acquired knowledge and then used that knowledge by actually writing the programs that finally ran well. And it has been a never ending job- acquiring knowledge and putting it to test.
The same is true with any profession. Every profession requires certain technical and human skills and competencies and you make conscious efforts to acquire them. You do it over years and years.
Now ask yourself a question. Did you do the same thing when you entered into your marriage and then started your family? Does starting, maintaining and building up a great married and family life not need or demand some specific skill sets and competencies for you to become an effective spouse and a parent?
Did you identify those skill sets and competencies? Did you introspect if you possess them- are you good at them? If you did not have them already, did you take actions to seek knowledge about them, acquire them and then put them into practice again and again so that you became proficient in them?
Can you really lead a great married and family life without doing so?
If you have not done it till now, nothing much is lost. It’s never too late. Start now. One can always a pick up a good HSoftware any time.
HSoftware is not a birth right. It does not come with the physical body of the human being (the HHardware) from birth. It is not automatic. You have to acquire it the hard way. HSoftware is not much of a genetic determination but it has to be acquired and perfected over time and maintained at that perfect level. It requires human diligence (diligence is yet another element of the HSoftware. We have already defined it as “will power to do”).
People start acquiring their HSoftware as soon as they are born. At times, they consciously select the HSoftware they wish to acquire and at other times, they acquire it subconsciously- it happens to them without their knowledge; the external environmental factors take over and the HSoftware seeps into their psyche. For example, in the early stages of the development of human mind, the children easily accept what they are told by their parents or teachers and that shapes up that part of their HSoftware. In this process, every piece of HSoftware one acquires has in it varying degrees of capabilities or effectiveness.
Many times these pieces of HSoftware get frozen for ever in the minds of people and they are in a position to act or function accordingly. Then, the effectiveness of their actions remains at that point throughout their life if they do not acquire higher versions of the required pieces of HSoftware. It is essential that for better effectiveness, one will have to acquire higher versions of the four factors of HSoftware on a continuous basis and also the newly emerging HSoftware. As they say, one will have to continually change for better. This again requires a desire or internal motivation or will power (one of the four elements of HSoftware) and then alone you can go through the desire-values-knowledge-paradigms-practice (do) model (you may also refer: http://shyam-bhatawdekar.blogspot.com) and take steps to change for better.
Higher effectiveness is an outcome of continuously changing your values, knowledge, paradigms and internal motivation in the positive directions because in changing all of them for better, you are acquiring the higher versions and more capable versions of all the four factors of your HSoftware. Then, you act accordingly with higher effectiveness. This higher effectiveness applied in various walks of life brings to you higher and higher degrees of success, prosperity, peace, autonomy, genuineness, liberation and happiness.
In your youth, many a time, you learn from what is taught to you. Yet, as you start growing in age and growing in your HSoftware, you start picking up the additional HSoftware on your own also, consciously and also un-consciously or subconsciously. You pick it up from a large numbers of sources: your parents, spouse, your children and others’ children, friends, neighbors, strangers, colleagues, bosses, books, other literature, Internet sites, films, movies and so on.
It is a complex process. But most people are not even aware of this complex process and therefore, they do not control or monitor this process, the result being the acquisition of HSoftware by and large happens to them and that is one important reason for uploading inferior, low quality and un-examined HSoftware. With this kind of software seated in the minds of the people, they become less effective than what they could be had they analyzed and tried to acquire higher quality HSoftware. In acquiring the HSoftware, there is a continuous change process but the final phrase is “Change for better”.
Related Posts (please read in the following order)
- HSoftware (Human Beings: Hardware and Software): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/02/hsoftware/
- HSoftware (Evey Human Being Is Unique): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/05/hsoftware-every-human-being-is-unique/
- HSoftware (Why This Uniqueness?): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/07/hsoftware-why-this-uniqueness/
- HSoftware (Uniqueness and Effectiveness): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/11/hsoftware-uniqueness-and-effectiveness/
- HSoftware (Fundamental Constituents of HSoftware): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/19/hsoftware-fundamental-constituents-of-hsoftware/
- HSoftware (More Correct HSoftware Gives Better Effectiveness) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/05/29/hsoftware-more-correct-hsoftware-gives-better-effectiveness/
- HSoftware (Human Beliefs or Human Value Structure: First Element of HSoftware) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/06/09/hsoftware-human-beliefs-or-human-value-structure-first-element-of-hsoftware/
- HSoftware (Knowledge and Information Base: Second Element of HSoftware) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/06/15/hsoftware-knowledge-and-information-base-second-element-of-hsoftware/
- HSoftware (Paradigms, Mindsets or Thinking Patterns: Third Element of HSoftware) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/06/26/hsoftware-paradigms-mindsets-or-thinking-patterns-third-element-of-hsoftware/
- HSoftware (More on Paradigms and Paradigm Shift) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/07/10/hsoftware-more-on-paradigms-and-paradigm-shift/
- HSoftware (Willpower to Do: Fourth Element of HSoftware) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/07/26/hsoftware-willpower-to-do-fourth-element-of-hsoftware/
- HSoftware (Acquisition of the HSoftware) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/08/06/hsoftware-acquisition-of-the-hsoftware/
- HSoftware (Change for Better): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/08/20/hsoftware-change-for-better/
- HSoftware (More on Change in Paradigms) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/08/27/hsoftware-more-on-change-in-paradigms/
- HSoftware (Effectiveness: All about Willpower to Learn; Acquiring Values, Knowledge and Paradigms; Willpower to Do) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/09/08/hsoftware-effectiveness-all-about-willpower-to-learn-acquiring-values-knowledge-and-paradigms-willpower-to-do/
- HSoftware (Levels of Competencies) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/09/24/hsoftware-levels-of-competencies/
- HSoftware (Soft Skills- Applied Emotional Intelligence) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/10/22/hsoftware-soft-skills-applied-emotional-intelligence/
- HSoftware (Competency Matrix: The Procedure for Competency Development and to Become Effective) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/11/08/hsoftware-competency-matrix-the-procedure-for-competency-development-and-to-become-effective/
- HSoftware (Putting HSoftware Model to Work for You) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/11/10/hsoftware-putting-hsoftware-model-to-work-for-you/
Get Your Copy of the Book “HSoftware”
Get your copy of the book titled “HSoftware (The Only Key to Higher Effectiveness)” or HSoftware (Shyam Bhatawdekar’s Effectiveness Model) from Amazon online. If you are a kindleunlimited, KOLL or amazonprime subscriber, you can read free.
Books Suggested for Your Professional, Personal and Organizational Libraries (All the titles listed below are available as paperbacks and eBooks online from Amazon- you can read the ebooks absolutely free if you are kindleunlimited, KOLL or Amazon Prime subscribers)
Management, Business, Self-help and Personality Development Books
- HSoftware (Human Software) (The Only Key to Higher Effectiveness)
- Sensitive Stories of Corporate World (Management Case Studies)
- Sensitive Stories of Corporate World (Volume 2) (Management Case Studies)
- Sensitive Stories of Corporate World (Volume 1 & 2 Combined) (Management Case Studies)
- Classic Management Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers
- Classic Management Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers (Volume 2)
- Classic Team Building Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers
- 101 Classic Management Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers
- Stress? No Way!! (Handbook on Stress Management)
- HSoftware (Shyam Bhatawdekar’s Effectiveness Model)
- Competency Management (Competency Matrix and Competencies)
- Soft Skills You Can’t Do Without (Goal Setting, Time Management, Assertiveness and Anger Management)
- Essentials of Work Study (Method Study and Work Measurement)
- Essentials of Time Management (Taking Control of Your Life)
- Essentials of 5S Housekeeping
- Essentials of Quality Circles
- Essentials of Goal Setting
- Essentials of Anger Management
- Essentials of Assertive Behavior
- Essentials of Performance Management and Performance Appraisal
- Health Essentials (Health Is Wealth)
- Essentials of Effective Communication
- The Romance of Intimacy (How to Enhance Intimacy in a Relationship?)
Novels, Stories, Biographies and Travelogues
- The Peace Crusaders (Novel: how the peace crusaders established permanent peace on a war strewn planet?)
- Love Knows No Bounds (Novel: a refreshingly different love story. Also available with the title “Good People”)
- Funny (and Not So Funny) Short Stories
- Stories Children Will Love (Volume 1: Bhanu-Shanu-Kaju-Biju and Dholu Ram Gadbad Singh)
- My Father (Biography)
- Travelogue: Scandinavia, Russia
- Travelogue: Europe
- सीमाओं के परे: एक अलग प्रेम कहानी