In the next few posts we will describe in some details each of the four elements of HSoftware. But before doing so, we wish to introduce here some explanation of the term “effectiveness”.
Here we are attempting to establish that there is a definite link between the four elements of HSoftware and human effectiveness. Better HSoftware gives more or better effectiveness.
A person owning better and appropriate quality and quantity of the four elements of HSoftware that are dovetailed and integrated with each other in a better manner will make a person more effective in his various spheres of life: personal, family, professional and social spheres of life.
Effective HSoftware will make a person capable to look at improving his effectiveness first rather than to become more efficient in anything and everything that may come his way.
At this stage it then becomes necessary to understand what this “effectiveness” we are talking about is and also, what the distinction is between “effectiveness” and “efficiency”.
Though effectiveness and efficiency are similar in looks, they are quite different from each other.
A good number of people, at times, feel confused between the exact difference between the two terms “effectiveness” and “efficiency”.
Everyone wants to achieve success (and thus happiness) by accomplishing one’s goals in a short period of time with minimum resources and therefore, he must know exactly what effectiveness means and what efficiency means.
One must do both- effectiveness as well as efficiency. Yet, effectiveness comes first, always. Better HSoftware helps in doing effectiveness first.
In organizational terms, minimization of extent of expenditure of resources (including money, time and information) in a process to get an output (result) in called “efficiency”. “Effectiveness” is how well the process achieves its desired output and the desired output is what its user or customer requires- are the chosen output and the process the right ones?
So how fast I did a job is “efficiency” using the given process though selection of process or the job itself may be a question mark- either one of them or even both may be non-value adding. But when I carry out a job that is value adding and when I select a better process to do that job, I am being “effective”.
In everyday language, thus, efficiency is doing things right whereas effectiveness is doing right things. Doing wrong things right way leads us nowhere. That’s why effectiveness should come first and efficiency later.
Effectiveness is answer to “what” and “how” and efficiency is answer to “how well”.
“Effectiveness” is all about finding the right destination and right direction and right path to reach the chosen destination. “Efficiency” is reaching the destination on this chosen path with the usage of optimized resources. For example, how soon will I cross mile stones after mile stones and how fast will I reach the destination and so how fast can I walk?
So do effectiveness first and then efficiency. Effective HSoftware helps us here.
If you do efficiency first, you may start walking fast on any path, in any direction, in the over zealousness of walking faster (efficiency) but with this higher speed of walking, you may end up proceeding in wrong direction, on wrong path and away from the desired destination, faster. What’s the use? It’s waste of resources though you have been efficient in walking.
Effectiveness can be measured in terms of how well the products or services meet customers’ requirements. Are my chosen destinations/goals correct ones?
Efficiency can be measured in terms of ratio of output to inputs, utilization percentage of various resources, unit cost of product, cycle time or lead time, extent of wastage etc.
The four elements of HSoftware specified in the previous post namely “values”, “knowledge base”, “paradigms” and “will power to do” have positive impact on the effectiveness of a human being. They are directly responsible for enhancing human effectiveness.
More effective HSoftware will lead a person to more effectiveness.
Let us turn to next five posts, each post describing one element of the four elements of HSoftware and each one’s impact on effectiveness.
Related Posts (please read in the following order)
1. HSoftware (Human Beings: Hardware and Software): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/02/hsoftware/
2. HSoftware (Evey Human Being Is Unique): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/05/hsoftware-every-human-being-is-unique/
3. HSoftware (Why This Uniqueness?): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/07/hsoftware-why-this-uniqueness/
4. HSoftware (Uniqueness and Effectiveness): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/11/hsoftware-uniqueness-and-effectiveness/
5. HSoftware (Fundamental Constituents of HSoftware): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/19/hsoftware-fundamental-constituents-of-hsoftware/
6. HSoftware (More Correct HSoftware Gives Better Effectiveness) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/05/29/hsoftware-more-correct-hsoftware-gives-better-effectiveness/
Get Your Copy of the Book “HSoftware”
Get your copy of the book titled “HSoftware (The Only Key to Higher Effectiveness)” or HSoftware (Shyam Bhatawdekar’s Effectiveness Model) from Amazon online. If you are a kindleunlimited, KOLL or Amazon Prime subscriber, you can read free.
Books Suggested for Your Professional, Personal and Organizational Libraries (All the titles listed below are available as paperbacks and eBooks online from Amazon- you can read the ebooks absolutely free if you are kindleunlimited, KOLL or Amazon Prime subscribers)
Management, Business, Self-help and Personality Development Books
- HSoftware (Human Software) (The Only Key to Higher Effectiveness)
- Sensitive Stories of Corporate World (Management Case Studies)
- Sensitive Stories of Corporate World (Volume 2) (Management Case Studies)
- Classic Management Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers
- Classic Management Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers (Volume 2)
- Classic Team Building Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers
- 101 Classic Management Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers
- Stress? No Way!! (Handbook on Stress Management)
- HSoftware (Shyam Bhatawdekar’s Effectiveness Model)
- Competency Management (Competency Matrix and Competencies)
- Soft Skills You Can’t Do Without (Goal Setting, Time Management, Assertiveness and Anger Management)
- Essentials of Work Study (Method Study and Work Measurement)
- Essentials of Time Management (Taking Control of Your Life)
- Essentials of 5S Housekeeping
- Essentials of Quality Circles
- Essentials of Goal Setting
- Essentials of Anger Management
- Essentials of Assertive Behavior
- Essentials of Performance Management and Performance Appraisal
- Health Essentials (Health Is Wealth)
- Essentials of Effective Communication
- The Romance of Intimacy (How to Enhance Intimacy in a Relationship?)
Novels, Stories, Biographies and Travelogues
- The Peace Crusaders (Novel: how the peace crusaders established permanent peace on a war strewn planet?)
- Love Knows No Bounds (Novel: a refreshingly different love story. Also available with the title “Good People”)
- Funny (and Not So Funny) Short Stories
- Stories Children Will Love (Volume 1: Bhanu-Shanu-Kaju-Biju and Dholu Ram Gadbad Singh)
- My Father (Biography)
- Travelogue: Scandinavia, Russia
- Travelogue: Europe
- सीमाओं के परे: एक अलग प्रेम कहानी