After distilling the data collected in hundreds of our seminars involving thousands of people from different age groups, genders, educational and experience backgrounds and also, from our observations of large number of people during our 40 years of experience as business executives and management consultants in the corporate sector, we have arrived on an understanding that this “human software (HSoftware)” or “programming of mind” consists of following four absolutely fundamental elements or factors:
- Human beliefs (human value structure)
- Knowledge and information base (rational, emotional and spiritual) (here, spiritual knowledge has no relationship with rituals connected with organized religions and gods)
- Paradigms (mindsets or thinking patterns)
- Willpower (desire, motivation and enthusiasm to do, act or execute as well as to think, feel and learn which also involves action or doing, responsible for gaining insight into values, knowledge and paradigms as well as for development of competencies and skills)
It is very difficult to know the sequence in which the human mind acquires these four fundamental elements of HSoftware. Or is it sequential at all? Is it simultaneous or multi-tasking? Perhaps it may also be true that one element gives a trigger or push to another element(s). This push could be any to any, any to many, many to any and many to many. Is it easier to guess which element is acquired first in the beginning of human life? Perhaps “will power to do” is acquired first or is it “knowledge”? Can’t be too sure.
But one thing is sure that as shown in the diagram above, the four elements are always in loops, taking the shape of twisters, the sequence of the elements in the successive loops of the twister may vary.
These four factors are all in the human mind- that’s why they are “software”- the HSoftware.
In next few posts we will throw some light on each of these four basic factors of HSoftware.
In a hurried manner, we need to state here that though these four constituent elements are the most basic elements and since we define them as most fundamental they should also stand alone but truly they are not always independent of each other. They get complexly intertwined with each other many times.
For example, if one has will power to do, he may take steps to do learning to increase his knowledge. That shows the connection between the two factors or dependence of one factor on the other. But after gaining knowledge he may not put it into practice if at that point in time he lacks will power to do i.e. will power to implement what he learnt. That shows that the two factors “will power” and “knowledge” are not working in an interconnected way for this person and the two factors seem very basic and standalone in character.
In another example, a person may have the right kind of value structure as well as right king of knowledge but it may or may not necessarily ensure the right kind of day-to-day thinking patterns- the paradigms. If it does, there is an interconnect between “value structure” and “knowledge” with “paradigms”. However if it does not, in that case the “paradigms” seem to be a basic standalone entity nothing much to do with “value structure” or “knowledge base”.
That is the reason why we have identified the four factors mentioned in this chapter earlier as the standalone fundamental factors of the human software (HSoftware).
As per Shyam “Bhatawdekar’s Effectiveness model- HSoftware” that has been enunciated in this post, there are just about only four fundamental factors of human effectiveness; nothing more, nothing less. Every other conceivable factor is an extension or derivative of these four basic elements “value”, “knowledge”, “paradigm” and “will power to do”.
Related Posts (please read in the following order)
1. HSoftware (Human Beings: Hardware and Software): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/02/hsoftware/
2. HSoftware (Evey Human Being Is Unique): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/05/hsoftware-every-human-being-is-unique/
3. HSoftware (Why This Uniqueness?): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/07/hsoftware-why-this-uniqueness/
4. HSoftware (Uniqueness and Effectiveness): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/11/hsoftware-uniqueness-and-effectiveness/
5 HSoftware (Fundamental Constituents of HSoftware): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/19/hsoftware-fundamental-constituents-of-hsoftware/
Get Your Copy of the Book “HSoftware”
Get your copy of the book titled “HSoftware (The Only Key to Higher Effectiveness)” or HSoftware (Shyam Bhatawdekar’s Effectiveness Model) from Amazon online. If you are a kindleunlimited, KOLL or Amazon Prime subscriber, you can read free.
Books Suggested for Your Professional, Personal and Organizational Libraries (All the titles listed below are available as paperbacks and eBooks online from Amazon- you can read the ebooks absolutely free if you are kindleunlimited, KOLL or Amazon Prime subscribers)
Management, Business, Self-help and Personality Development Books
- HSoftware (Human Software) (The Only Key to Higher Effectiveness)
- Sensitive Stories of Corporate World (Management Case Studies)
- Sensitive Stories of Corporate World (Volume 2) (Management Case Studies)
- Classic Management Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers
- Classic Management Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers (Volume 2)
- Classic Team Building Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers
- 101 Classic Management Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers
- Stress? No Way!! (Handbook on Stress Management)
- HSoftware (Shyam Bhatawdekar’s Effectiveness Model)
- Competency Management (Competency Matrix and Competencies)
- Soft Skills You Can’t Do Without (Goal Setting, Time Management, Assertiveness and Anger Management)
- Essentials of Work Study (Method Study and Work Measurement)
- Essentials of Time Management (Taking Control of Your Life)
- Essentials of 5S Housekeeping
- Essentials of Quality Circles
- Essentials of Goal Setting
- Essentials of Anger Management
- Essentials of Assertive Behavior
- Essentials of Performance Management and Performance Appraisal
- Health Essentials (Health Is Wealth)
- Essentials of Effective Communication
- The Romance of Intimacy (How to Enhance Intimacy in a Relationship?)
Novels, Stories, Biographies and Travelogues
- The Peace Crusaders (Novel: how the peace crusaders established permanent peace on a war strewn planet?)
- Love Knows No Bounds (Novel: a refreshingly different love story. Also available with the title “Good People”)
- Funny (and Not So Funny) Short Stories
- Stories Children Will Love (Volume 1: Bhanu-Shanu-Kaju-Biju and Dholu Ram Gadbad Singh)
- My Father (Biography)
- Travelogue: Scandinavia, Russia
- Travelogue: Europe