Just like a computer, every human being, whether male or female, is a bundle of:
- Hardware and
At the instant of birth, human being is all hardware. It is just like the way a computer manufacturer first builds a mere and sheer hardware of a computer.
Mere and sheer hardware of the computer is not capable of doing much. It is just a piece of plastic and metal and chips etc.
Human being is no different. He is not capable of doing much at the birth. It is just flesh and blood, bones and skin and brain circuitry- the neuron etc.
Then what makes a computer as well as a human being tick?
It’s their software- the programming of their main memories- their minds. And this software is always acquired from outside.
Software is loaded in the computer hardware for the first time after computer’s hardware has been created. Thereafter it is loaded in the computer time and again with various versions of the same software and additionally, different and new software is added from time to time. This process can go on and on depending upon how much effectiveness and efficiency you need from the computer. And frankly, there is no end to it. The better and more software makes a computer first more effective and then more efficient.
Human beings too acquire their software from the outside though it is loaded in human beings in far more complex ways than the ways in which it is loaded in a computer. But fundamentally software is an acquired entity, acquired from outside. Better and more software acquisition from the outsiders is likely to make a human being first more effective and then more efficient. There is no end to how much effective a human being needs to be and therefore, the acquisition of the software by the human mind or brain can be incessant.
These outsiders from whom the human beings draw their software are the environment: parents, siblings, neighbors, schools, teachers, friends, books, magazines, television, movies, Internet, travel, employer organizations, bosses, subordinates, professional associates, service providers, strangers, events, incidents, accidents and what have you. The list is unending; it can go on and on. From these sources, the HSoftware gets picked up by the human being either consciously or subconsciously.
To distinguish the software pertaining to human beings from the software that is related to computers, we will call the human beings related software as HSoftware here onwards.
(The first author of this book, Shyam Bhatawdekar is the creator of this word “HSoftware” in the context mentioned earlier. Then onwards both the authors of this book started using this phrase “HSoftware” and its related concepts in their numerous speaking assignments, seminars and workshops since 1993 or even earlier. Subsequently they started using it in the written form through their various published articles).
In short, hardware houses the software. Hardware of a computer as well that of a human being grows over a period of time.
In computer you may decide to add more memory or any other accessories and expand its configuration.
Same way an infant first grows into a child and then into an adolescent and finally into an adult. At each stage, the incremental development of human being’s hardware (body and brain) continues to take place. However, the rate of growth goes on decreasing with age. Most of the development of the brain takes place in early years and then the pace of development reduces and practically stops around an age of 20 years or so. By then, the height and weight also stabilize.
Yet there are no such limitations for the HSoftware. A human being with normally developed body and brain (hardware) can keep on acquiring the HSoftware throughout the life time- from birth to the last breath.
So, while hardware is a must for human effectiveness and efficiency, it alone cannot be effective and efficient on its own. The brain and the body need the essential quantities and quality of HSoftware to make the hardware and in turn the integrated human being to start functioning. Human being is thus an integrated entity of hardware and HSoftware where hardware has tremendous limitations without its HSoftware and on the other hand HSoftware is limitless. It is HSoftware that finally makes a human being tick.
And remember, almost all of HSoftware of a human being is acquired from the environment. All of it does not come along with the hardware at the time of birth.
However, some people suggest that human beings bring along with them some HSoftware at the time of birth. They call it genetic determinism. You have it imbedded in the genes for which, it is believed that your previous seven or so generations are responsible. Your grandparents or great grandparents might have been genius and you inherited a part of it in your DNA and that’s why you seem to exude some brilliance occasionally or they were temperamental guys and therefore, you too are quite temperamental. In a way this kind of genetically determined HSoftware, if it at all exists, is also an acquired HSoftware. However, it is suggested by the knowledgeable people that this genetic determinism may be responsible to shape up only a small percentage of the total personality of a human being.
Yet, in finality, the extent of quantity and quality of HSoftware acquired genetically or learnt later on after the birth by a human being, consciously or subconsciously, is really what matters and when it differs between two or more human beings each one of them becomes a unique human being.
And it does differ whether it is acquired either from the genes at birth (though in much smaller percentage) or from the environment (in much larger percentage) post the birth. The environment predominantly includes the child’s parents in the formative years of a human being and gradually, over the years, environment starts enveloping in it a large numbers of outside-of-home-entities mentioned in an earlier paragraph in this chapter. From parents and other entities of the environment the human being learns and each human being learns quite differently from each other.
And then all the human beings on this planet earth become unique.
Related Posts (please read in the following order)
- HSoftware (Human Beings: Hardware and Software): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/02/hsoftware/
- HSoftware (Evey Human Being Is Unique): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/05/hsoftware-every-human-being-is-unique/
- HSoftware (Why This Uniqueness?): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/07/hsoftware-why-this-uniqueness/
- HSoftware (Uniqueness and Effectiveness): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/11/hsoftware-uniqueness-and-effectiveness/
- HSoftware (Fundamental Constituents of HSoftware): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/04/19/hsoftware-fundamental-constituents-of-hsoftware/
- HSoftware (More Correct HSoftware Gives Better Effectiveness) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/05/29/hsoftware-more-correct-hsoftware-gives-better-effectiveness/
- HSoftware (Human Beliefs or Human Value Structure: First Element of HSoftware) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/06/09/hsoftware-human-beliefs-or-human-value-structure-first-element-of-hsoftware/
- HSoftware (Knowledge and Information Base: Second Element of HSoftware) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/06/15/hsoftware-knowledge-and-information-base-second-element-of-hsoftware/
- HSoftware (Paradigms, Mindsets or Thinking Patterns: Third Element of HSoftware) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/06/26/hsoftware-paradigms-mindsets-or-thinking-patterns-third-element-of-hsoftware/
- HSoftware (More on Paradigms and Paradigm Shift) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/07/10/hsoftware-more-on-paradigms-and-paradigm-shift/
- HSoftware (Willpower to Do: Fourth Element of HSoftware) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/07/26/hsoftware-willpower-to-do-fourth-element-of-hsoftware/
- HSoftware (Acquisition of the HSoftware) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/08/06/hsoftware-acquisition-of-the-hsoftware/
- HSoftware (Change for Better): http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/08/20/hsoftware-change-for-better/
- HSoftware (More on Change in Paradigms) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/08/27/hsoftware-more-on-change-in-paradigms/
- HSoftware (Effectiveness: All about Willpower to Learn; Acquiring Values, Knowledge and Paradigms; Willpower to Do) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/09/08/hsoftware-effectiveness-all-about-willpower-to-learn-acquiring-values-knowledge-and-paradigms-willpower-to-do/
- HSoftware (Levels of Competencies) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/09/24/hsoftware-levels-of-competencies/
- HSoftware (Soft Skills- Applied Emotional Intelligence) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/10/22/hsoftware-soft-skills-applied-emotional-intelligence/
- HSoftware (Competency Matrix: The Procedure for Competency Development and to Become Effective) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/11/08/hsoftware-competency-matrix-the-procedure-for-competency-development-and-to-become-effective/
- HSoftware (Putting HSoftware Model to Work for You) http://shyam.bhatawdekar.net/index.php/2018/11/10/hsoftware-putting-hsoftware-model-to-work-for-you/
Get Your Copy of the Book “HSoftware”
Get your copy of the book titled “HSoftware (The Only Key to Higher Effectiveness)” or HSoftware (Shyam Bhatawdekar’s Effectiveness Model) from Amazon online. If you are a kindleunlimited, KOLL or Amazon Prime subscriber, you can read free.
Books Suggested for Your Professional, Personal and Organizational Libraries (All the titles listed below are available as paperbacks and eBooks online from Amazon- you can read the ebooks absolutely free if you are kindleunlimited, KOLL or Amazon Prime subscribers)
Management, Business, Self-help and Personality Development Books
- HSoftware (Human Software) (The Only Key to Higher Effectiveness)
- Sensitive Stories of Corporate World (Management Case Studies)
- Sensitive Stories of Corporate World (Volume 2) (Management Case Studies)
- Classic Management Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers
- Classic Management Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers (Volume 2)
- Classic Team Building Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers
- 101 Classic Management Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers
- Stress? No Way!! (Handbook on Stress Management)
- HSoftware (Shyam Bhatawdekar’s Effectiveness Model)
- Competency Management (Competency Matrix and Competencies)
- Soft Skills You Can’t Do Without (Goal Setting, Time Management, Assertiveness and Anger Management)
- Essentials of Work Study (Method Study and Work Measurement)
- Essentials of Time Management (Taking Control of Your Life)
- Essentials of 5S Housekeeping
- Essentials of Quality Circles
- Essentials of Goal Setting
- Essentials of Anger Management
- Essentials of Assertive Behavior
- Essentials of Performance Management and Performance Appraisal
- Health Essentials (Health Is Wealth)
- Essentials of Effective Communication
- The Romance of Intimacy (How to Enhance Intimacy in a Relationship?)
Novels, Stories, Biographies and Travelogues
- The Peace Crusaders (Novel: how the peace crusaders established permanent peace on a war strewn planet?)
- Love Knows No Bounds (Novel: a refreshingly different love story. Also available with the title “Good People”)
- Funny (and Not So Funny) Short Stories
- Stories Children Will Love (Volume 1: Bhanu-Shanu-Kaju-Biju and Dholu Ram Gadbad Singh)
- My Father (Biography)
- Travelogue: Scandinavia, Russia
- Travelogue: Europe