Certain Mistakes Can be Costly
“To err is human”. But definitely committing mistakes at a rate at which eraser is used more than the pencil is not acceptable. And some mistakes are unforgivable. These are applicable to you as well as your subordinates whom you supervise. Therefore, you have to ensure that your employees do not fall prey to these. Some of these are:
- Integrity and honesty: Never indulge in any activity which will cast doubts on your integrity and honesty. Stay away from frauds, mal-practices, theft of company’s materials or money, commercial bribing etc. When you are caught doing wrong, you will turn into a zero from a hero. All you know you may have to spend good part of your life behind bars.
- Respect to others: One should never act in a manner which shows disrespect to any one at any level in the organization. No one has any right to humiliate others. Therefore, one has also to keep his cool at all times.
- Professional relationship: One should not engage in personal relationship with some one whom one supervises. You can be friendly but never become familiar.
- Stick to company policies: One cannot work outside the company policies when employed by a company since these are the terms of contract/employment.
- Discipline: Indiscipline of any kind is not tolerated in any organization. So take it seriously.
- Confidentiality and secrecy: One should not indulge in any conspiracy or industrial espionage. If caught, you will ruin your career for ever. All you know you may have to spend good part of your life behind bars.