Line Up by Birth Dates
You as seminar facilitator or workshop leader will find in this management game the elements of an excellent group exercise, energizer and icebreaker. As a participative game you can administer it as an icebreaker at the start of your program or you can use it for your sessions/modules on strategy formulation, leadership, team work, coordination, communication and discipline.
After all the participants of the program have come in, tell them to stand up from their seats if they are sitting and line them up in a straight line.
Now instruct them to rearrange themselves in the line in the order of their birth dates as per the conditions you will specify soon.
The conditions are:
- The person born on 1st January should be heading the line and the person born on 31st December should stand at the other end of the straight line. Others should arrange in between these two persons in order of their birth dates.
- In carrying out the re-arrangement no one will speak with each other at all.
- In carrying out the re-arrangement no one will write down anything anywhere.
Allow them 15 minutes to carry out this exercise.
If they fail to complete the group task in the allotted time, extend the time by five more minutes.
If they declare that they have now lined up by their birth dates, check it out by asking them to declare their birth dates loudly. If they have lined up correctly, congratulate them and let them tell you how they achieved such a perfect result.
If they have not been able to carry out the task or they carried out the task incorrectly, let them tell you what went wrong. What they could have done to achieve the desired result?
Wrap up the game by sharing your observations and comments with them. In case they have not been able to figure out how the task could have been accomplished, fill them up with your suggestions.
Get Hold of the Related Books
You can order the following books on “management games and icebreakers” as printed books and eBooks from Amazon online:
- Classic Management Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers
- Classic Management Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers (Volume 2)
- Classic Team Building Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers
- 101 Classic Management Games, Exercises, Energizers and Icebreakers
For More Guidance, Assistance, Training and Consultation
Training in all the soft skills and various management functions/techniques is imparted by Prodcons Group’s Mr Shyam Bhatawdekar and/or Dr (Mrs) Kalpana Bhatawdekar, eminent management educationists, management consultants and trainers- par excellence, with distinction of having trained over 150,000 people from around 250 organizations.
Also refer: (Prodcons Group) http://prodcons-group.blogspot.com/, (Training Programs by Prodcons Group) http://training-development-function.blogspot.com/, (Productivity Consultants) http://productivity-consultants.blogspot.com/