(Refer our High Quality Management Encyclopedia “Management Universe” at: http://management-universe.blogspot.com/)
Refer older eight posts to read the detailed explanations on competencies “Result Orientation”, “Problem Solving”, “Self Confidence”, “Self Development”, “Action Orientation”, “Creativity”, “Interpersonal Skills” and “Communication Skills”).
Explanation of the Competency “Composure” or “Coolness”
- Exercises self-control under trying or tough circumstances or situations or under any kind of pressure.
- Responds proactively rather than just reacting immediately or without thinking.
- Responds appropriately without getting perturbed by the stressful news, situations or events of moderate and heavy stresses.
- Manages negative emotions like anger, frustration, fear, dejection etc effectively and if necessary, in exceptional cases, shows or shares or vents them out without hurting self or others.
- Does not get personal or does not raise an accusing finger at others while dealing with a difficult problem or conflict or failure. Rather, concentrates on solving the problem.
- Motivates others to concentrate on finding solutions to problems rather than getting overwhelmed by stresses and strains involved.
- Remains focused, tries to think clearly and takes appropriate decisions even under ambiguous, doubtful, stressful, dilemma and crisis situations.
- Steers effectively through an emotionally packed event.
- Exudes calming effect on the people around.
- Is capable of counseling the people under stresses and strains.
Pitfalls to be Avoided
- May be branded as cold and unemotional person.
- May control emotions and not show them or vent them out even when it is appropriate to do so and in the process may hurt or harm self or others.
- May belittle or discard others’ feelings or emotions and decisions based on them.
- May even get branded as uncaring type.
For free tutorials on “Train the Trainers” program, refer: http://train-trainers.blogspot.com/
For Booking Shyam Bhatawdekar’s Management Seminars
Contact Prodcons Group at: email@example.com
For More Guidance, Assistance, Training and Consultation
And don’t miss to read his “Do This Today” http://do-this-today.blogspot.com/
For Musings of Shyam Bhatawdekar on various topics refer http://shyam-bhatawdekar-musings.blogspot.com/
For “out of box thinking” articles by Shyam Bhatawdekar, refer: (Out of Box Ideas) http://wow-idea.blogspot.com/