(Refer our High Quality Management Encyclopedia “Management Universe” at: http://management-universe.blogspot.com/)
Refer our older posts to read the detailed explanations on competencies "Result Orientation" and "Problem solving".
Explanation of the Competency “Self Confidence”
- Displays a confident disposition. Instills confidence in others.
- Has confidence in his own abilities.
- Has no doubts and hesitation in his abilities.
- Uses his abilities confidently to tackle the day-to-day and also difficult situations and problems.
- Likely to lead in solving the issues.
- Will take responsibility and accountability with no fuss.
- Speaks out his mind. Therefore, makes his thinking and opinions heard and understood by other related persons.
- Does not feel threatened in sharing his knowledge and skills with others.
- Does not get cowed down by aggressive behavior of others.
- Can take criticism in his own stride.
- Does not become defensive; cannot be pushed to corner.
- Does not easily complain or grumble or blame about others or about situations.
- Does not hesitate in sharing his success and limelight with others.
Pitfall to be Avoided
- Know-all type behavior.
- Poor listener.
- Therefore, devaluing others’ feedback, opinions and suggestions.
- May instill inferiority complex in others.